Welcome to the home page of the 16th International Workshop on Fast Software Encryption.
This workshop will be held in Leuven from the 22nd until the 25th of February, 2009.
FSE was also organized in Leuven in December 1994 and in February 2002.
FSE concentrates on fast and secure primitives for symmetric cryptography, including the design and analysis of block ciphers, stream ciphers, encryption schemes, analysis and evaluation tools, hash functions, and MAC algorithms.
From 25th to 28th of February 2009, NIST will organize in the same venue The First SHA-3 Candidate Conference.
FSE 2009 is organized by the COSIC research group of the Katholieke Universiteit Leuven and sponsored by the International Association for Cryptologic Research.
Participants are advised to book their accommodation early: there is a sufficient number of hotel rooms in all price categories, but hotels tend to have high occupancy rates.
- 2008-11-27: Registration open
- 2009-01-26: Late Registration deadline passed
- 2009-02-18: A booklet with practical local information is now available (PDF).
- 2009-02-18: Requests for a talk slot at the FSE 2009 rump session can now be made here.
- 2009-07-13: The proceedings (published by Springer) are now available.